Professional and Personal Profile
Owner and Managing Consultant at Paladin Consulting, an established performance-focused learning and development consultancy servicing the South African market with a focus on operational performance optimization and skills development. His special special interest is in the Business Process Services Industry which continues to represent a tremendous opportunity for South Africa to create new jobs and build relevant and transferrable skills that will stand our young people in good stead throughout their working careers.
Previously Associate Partner at IQ Business, heading up the Learning and Development team in the Human Performance Practice. Andy has 24 years’ experience in customer service with the last 17 years spent as a management consultant and strategist , working in industries including: Education; Sports, FMCG, Financial Services, IT, Transport, and now across industries in the Business Process Services Sector.
During the past 13 years Andy has been extensively involved in the formulation and implementation of various aspects of the South African BPS strategy thereby gaining exposure to and experience in the many strategic and functional aspects of this industry. During this time Andy and his team have developed market entry strategies for new entrants to the BPS Sector, conducted feasibility studies and due diligence exercises on behalf of local and international clients, managed large RFI / RFP processes, defined and implemented performance improvement projects across channels; designed operating models and structures; and rolled out large scale private and public sector skills development programmes across the country.
Andy currently serves as a Board Member of BPeSA Western Cape and is responsible for the Skills Portfolio at a National Level.
Andy is married with two adult children. His interests outside of work lie in the outdoors, travelling, and sport in which Andy has represented South Africa at duathlon and triathlon at two World Championships.
· Owner and Managing Consultant at Paladin Consulting
· Associate Partner: IQ Business
· Owner and Director Paladin Consulting
· General Manager: CIS Consulting Dimension Data
· Strategy Manager, Financial Services : Anderson Consulting
· Quality Assurance Manager: Golden Era Group of Companies
· Chief Instructor : Skydive Africa; Pietermaritzburg Parachute Club
· Math’s and Accounts teacher: Northlands Boys High School
· Delivered the CSP Detailed Analysis Report: Research study into the BPS Contact Centre Sector in South Africa: November 2004.
· Participated in the formulation of the Sector Development Strategy: Business Process Outsourcing and Off-Shoring: which was signed off by the dti EXBO in 2005.
· Conducted detailed feasibility studies and business cases for international companies seeking to locate in RSA.
· Developed scorecards for location and capability assessments for BPS.
· Conducted technical review of the 2nd Economy Programme for the BPS Sector, on behalf of the Business Trust.
· Conducted RFI / RFP process on behalf of leading corporates for the outsourcing of their Call Centres – designed and conducted technical and commercial evaluation, assessing responses from top providers in the country.
· Conducted an Independent Technical and Market Review for a Call Centre business case for the Kwa-Zulu Natal Growth Fund.
· Participated in the dti Investment Promotion trip to USA in March 2007: to promote BPS.
· Travelled to UK, Egypt, Western Europe, USA, and East Africa to research and promote BPS.
· Planned and managed the process of sourcing and acquiring a contact centre business for a large domestic client to build their customer service capabilities and extend their value proposition.
· Managed the implementation of the Monyetla Work Readiness Programme™, on behalf of the dti; this involved engaging with 70 of the leading captive and 3rd party outsources across the country, working with most of the key training providers and staffing companies, and training 6,500 unemployed youth to enter the sector with employment.
· Provided expert input to the evaluation of the dti incentive scheme for the BPS Sector.
· Formulated the BPS Virtual Skills Academy Model for BPeSA.
· Managing the implementation of the BPS Skills strategy in the Western Cape on behalf of BPeSA.
· Providing SME input to the latest review of the dti Sector Development Strategy for BPS.
· Providing SME input to a large F&A process sourcing and optimisation project for an international client.
· Extensively involved in operational consulting and skills development in the BPS Sector across industry verticals.
· Matriculated at Hilton College in 1980
· BCom and HDE at the University of Natal Durban - 1986
· MBA from MilPark Business School in 1998
· Various Business Specific training programmes attended while at Anderson Consulting
59 GlenLuce Drive
Cell: 083 419 4200