Debby Webster has been in the Contact Centre, Service Management and Customer Service Industry for the last 26 years, with expertise ranging across the design, scoping, development, implementation, auditing, re-engineering, management and operational running of Contact Centres.
Debby has a passion for the Service Industry and drives service delivery in line with exceeding customer expectations. Regardless of whether a Contact Centre is in its infancy, a growing or existing concern, customers will demand, and expect, a high level of service and support. An increasing problem is that the management of Contact Centres become complacent, resulting not only in a deterioration in the service provided and extremely high levels of customer frustration, but a break down in confidence, resulting in negative feelings by the customers concerned, and this is reflected on the bottom line of the business.
For this reason, Debby decided to form her consultancy – Triskel – to help companies address and resolve the deteriorating service ethics, improve service offerings to their customers and to concentrate on realistic, achievable and measurable deliverables, all of which are factors of business profitability.
The services of Triskel can be divided into four components – process, technology, facilities and people – all or individual components can be selected depending on the Customer’s requirements and all services are underpinned by personal project management of the process by Debby. While one focus is process re-engineering and “fixing” ailing Contact Centres, Debby also provides a Contact Centre start up and implementation service including design, implementation and project management of the entire implementation as well as a service to consolidate multiple Contact Centres.
She has a strong belief that in order to manage a Contact Centre optimally, you need be able to measure and benchmark the performance of your Contact Centre and she therefore provides Assessing, Auditing and Benchmarking together with the provision and implementation of recommendations for the rectification of identified gaps.
Other services include assessment and auditing of businesses; business process design or re-design and implementation; staff recruitment strategies, profiling of staff, interview processes, job descriptions, task analysis and KPIs; technology selection and implementation across the Contact Centre operations; QA design and implementation; operational manuals and processes; facility design and project management of the implementation.
During Debby’s 26 years in the industry she has worked with some major Blue Chip clients in various sectors including banking, mining, petroleum, IT and retail in particular. Debby was part of the start-up and management team for Nedcor Client Care and was executive for the UCS Solutions Service Desk providing IT Service Desk and Facilities Management services to, amongst others, the Massmart group (Makro, Game, Dions, Builder and Tile Warehouse and Massmart Head Office), Sasol Forecourt Franchisees, BPB Gypsum, ABE, CNA, Virgin Mobile, De Beers and Anglo American.
Debby is known for her ability to develop people and for developing staff to meet their full potential. Her skills have also been proven by the achievement by Contact Centres, and in most instances the exceeding of, standard KPIs through training initiatives, re-engineering and implementation of business processes, as well as providing staff with a clear understanding of their task analysis and KPIs. Staff morale is improved through customised individual career development plans for the contact centre staff as well as succession plans.
Since the inception of Triskel Consulting in 2010, Debby has been responsible for the assessment and auditing of policies, procedures, people, technology and facilities; re-design and reimplementation of the JD Group Service Desk which included designing the new premises layout and ergonomics, identification and implementation of new CRM technology, QA, MIS, development of job descriptions, organogram design, recruitment strategy, KPIs, career development plans, training process for staff and the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for the Service Desk. Her focus on building long term relationships has resulted in an on-going role with the JD Group.
She has also worked with Deloitte and Touche on the development and implementation of a Shared Services Contact Centre for Eskom. This included the relocation of the Contact Centre to new premises.
Late in 2012, Debby was consulting to the Core Group in setting up their Contact Centres for Client Sales and Product enquiries for iStores nationally as well as Technical Support for Apple products. This assignment included the design and implementation of a new CRM application, training of staff on customer service and the CRM system, implementation of a QA application, design and implementation of QA processes and procedures, development of policies and procedures, job descriptions and KPIs.
Between 2013 and 2016, Debby had multiple consulting assignments. These included consulting to:
- The City of Tshwane on the restructuring and consolidation of their multiple Municipal Contact Centres into one “world class” centre, including a review of ergonomics, policies and procedures, operational processes, implementation of a quality assurance application and assessment process, training on customer service and the development and implementation of Quality Assurance processes, procedures and assessments. She was also responsible for documenting business processes and the implementation of a knowledge database covering all aspects of the Municipality’s services.
- The Consumer Goods Council to assess their call centre, developing and implementing identified “quick wins” such as policies, procedures, metrics, call centre operational guide, job descriptions and KPIs.
- Scorpion Legal Protection to assist with their recruitment of a Contact Centre manager – development of job description and KPIs, panel interview scorecard and participation in the selection process.
- Absa Bank in South African to assess their multiple outsourced outbound call centres with a view to rationalisation and improving sales. This included the development of lead and campaign management strategies, management and board reporting, job descriptions, complaint and retention management strategies.
- Standard Bank – team member for role evaluation and re-engineering.
- The Industrial Development Corporation to assess their existing call centre, developing and implementing policies, procedures, job descriptions and quality assurance processes and scorecards and assisting with the selection of their telephony solution and quality assurance recording and assessment systems.
- Vodafone/Afrimax on the development of a blue print for setting up an initial Contact Centre in Kampala in Uganda with the view to setting up an additional 14 Contact Centres throughout Africa. The role includes developing the initial processes, procedures, training material, manuals, facilities design and technology selection as well as people recruitment processes, job descriptions and KPIs, interview scorecards and shift rosters. This is an ongoing project.
- Nespresso South Africa to assess their existing Contact Centre, develop and implement policies and procedures, reporting, training material, as well as co-ordinating the development and implementation of a new CRM product together with developing all associated business processes to facilitate the implementation of a robust solution. She was also responsible for recruitment of Agents and the Contact Centre Manager and the training of new recruits.
- Precision Components to assess their existing Contact Centre and provide feedback and rectification plans.
- University of Pretoria developing business processes, assessing their reporting and technology and providing input into re-designing their IVR and reporting.
- Busy Internet Ghana / Afrimax to assess their readiness to go live and to train their Contact Centre staff on all aspects of operation for the Contact Centre.
- Stanbic Uganda to train their Contact Centre staff on all aspects of operation for the Contact Centre.
- Mascom Botswana to assess and audit their outsourced Contact Centre and make recommendations and develop rectification plans for areas found to be in need of re-engineering.
- Orinoco Botswana to implement rectification plans and training.
- Mango5 in Cape Town to assess their Contact Centre technology for readiness to outsource to take on inbound calls.
- Department of Home Affairs Namibia / Fevertree Consulting – to assess and train their IT Contact Centre.
Debby has been invited as a guest speaker at International and National Conferences, facilitator of Master Workshops related to Quality Assurance, Mentoring and Coaching, Performance Management and Developing a World Class Contact Centre. Debby is the Chairperson of the Independent Customer Contact Centre Association (ICCCA) – an association made up of independent Consultants who are experts in their fields in Contact Centres and Customer Service and who have formed one body to provide customised solutions of any size or complexity.
12 Northriding Manor, 94 Bellairs Drive, Northriding
Mobile: +27 82 336 6693
Office: +27 11 704 5589